20 Things I Learnt The Year I Turned 20
1. Clear out your closet. If you haven’t worn something, donate it or throw it out. You probably wont wear it. The cleaner and less cluttered your closet is the better you feel.
2. Drink more water. You get grumpy when you dehydrated and its good for your skin.
3. Catch public transport and walk. You learn so much about your surroundings and other people.
4. Learn a new skill. It’s nice to have hobbies that don’t include a computer screen.
5. Take photos of everything. Friends, food, yourself, places. You’ll want to remember those moments.
6. Try and meet new people. Expanding your network is important
7. Reconnect with old friends. Its nice to reminisce sometime.
8. If you say your going to to workout. Get off your ass and do it.
9. Travel. It’s the only thing you’ll spend money on that will make you richer. Try and visit a new place every once and a while, even if its just a different part of town.
10. Turn off your computer. Read a book, do some colouring, write, talk to your parents. Just get away from the screen
11. When working through ideas, write them down. Yes, with a pen and paper. It allows you to cross out and brainstorm easier. And you can keep your old ideas they might be useful.
12. On days off, get up, showered, washed and dressed. You wont feel like you’ve had an unproductive day.
13. Be confident. Dress how you want, do what you want. Just be confident in yourself.
14. Do the best you can. That’s all anyone expects.
15. Try new food. Who knows you might like something outrageous.
16. Always have cash with you. You never know when you might need a couple of dollars.
17. Always take your makeup off before bed. And wash your face morning and night your skin will thank you for taking care of it.
18. Remember to take care of your mind. Puzzles and games are fun and give your brain a workout.
19. Some days are better than others. Take the day as it comes and move on to the next.
20. Don't let anyone tear you down, do what is right for you, who cares what anyone else thinks.
Photo taken and edited by my incredibly talented friend Jaiden (follow him on instagram here).